Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ctech6837

Roku Mobile Version 9.3.1 won't run on my iphone

Starting 2 days ago when my iphone automatically installed Roku Mobile Version 9.3.1 I can no longer use the Roku Mobile app.

I click the icon and the app just hangs on the main loading screen, never getting beyond the purple loading screen

I have an iphone XR, iOS 16.4.1.

I've uninstalled the roku app, rebooted, and reinstalled. The problem came back with 15 minutes.

The app is no longer usable and I'd love to let Roku support know that 9.3.1 is broken on my phone.

Any ideas on how to install the old version?

Labels (2)
4 REPLIES 4
TVjunkee
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Mobile Version 9.3.1 won't run on my iphone

I have not been able to use the Roku Remote app on my phone for 5 days now. I have cleared the cache, uninstalled then re-installed and it still does not work. I get the purple home screen for 2 seconds then it shuts down. Getting extremely frustrated with this issue.

I'm on a Galaxy S22 Ultra, running Android 13 One UI 5.1

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi! @ctech6837 @TVjunkee,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community!

Please try updating the device's OS to see if it fixes the issue.

Manually checking for updates

Follow the instructions below to manually check for software and channel updates.

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select System
  4. Select System Update
  • Note: The System Update screen displays the current software and build version, along with the date and time of the latest update.
  • Select Check Now to manually check for updates.

If there is new software available or there are updates for your channels, then your Roku device will download and install them automatically, and once completed, your Roku device will reboot.

Please feel free to let us know if you need any additional assistance! If you are still running into an error, please confirm what country you're in.

Best regards,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TVjunkee
Reel Rookie

Thank you, but my issue is with the Roku Remote APP, not the Roku Remote. My phone OS is up to date. The APP is up to date. The cache is cleared, uninstalled then re-installed. It stopped working after the last APP update on May 20th. I use the app mainly for the private listening mode at night. I am in the United States. 

Thanks

BeePass23
Reel Rookie

They need to fix this, I’m in the same predicament now

0 Kudos