Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ladymali

Re: Remote app doesn’t work anymore nor will my Roku remote

Same!!

I mean I’ve had connection issues with my Roku tv off and on but for the most part everything has worked up till now. 
iphone 14 pro max, most current version of the app. 
I’ve tried everything but my app wont even recognize my tv as a Roku device anymore. I used the manual method to try to connect the app so I can use the remote. Put in the tv’s IP address, and the app says “no roku devices are found at this address”

0 Kudos
Imnotarobot2
Reel Rookie

So here's an update: I tried connecting to my Roku TV from the Roku app this morning (3 days after reporting the problem, above) and now it connects. The only thing that's different between now and before (to my knowledge) is I installed the latest iOS version on my iPhone yesterday (16.6). I didn't install the iOS update to fix the Roku connection issue (wasn't even thinking about Roku when I updated the iOS) but guessing now that has something to do with it. Sure would be nice to hear something real from Roku about this.

0 Kudos
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello Community users,

Thank you for posting!

We would be happy to look further into this issue, but we need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, Device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Brand, model, and current OS that the mobile device is running.
  • The version of the Roku mobile app that your mobile device is using.
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing.

Once we have this information, we can pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,

Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rozi

Roku mobile app not working

I paid for a year to use my cell phone as a remote.  One day it just stopped working.  Now it keeps telling me NO DEVICE FOUND....HELP!  Please no more reading things that don't work I want live support.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku mobile app not working

Hi @Rozi,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having a problem with the Roku mobile app since it will not find your nearby Roku devices. We're glad to help. Can you please provide the following information?

• What device are you using right now? (e.g., Roku Express, Roku Streambar, Roku TV)
  • When did it start happening that your Roku mobile app would not connect to your Roku devices?
  • Did you recently make any changes to your network or network provider?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
5Ranges

Same issue as above:

Roku Express 4K+
2 32” onn Roku TVs 

Roku Streaming Stick

First noticed issue today, restarted Roku, TV and uninstalled and reinstalled app. Tried connecting manually but no luck. All devices and phone are on the same network (5ghz).  App cannot find any of my devices. No changes to network or network provider.

0 Kudos
5Ranges

Btw the drop-down does not include several of your products:

3941RW2 Roku Express 4K+

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello! @5Ranges,

Thank you for reaching out to the Roku Community! 

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention for having an issue connecting your Roku mobile app to your Roku device. We can help get this sorted.

If your Roku device is missing from the discovery screen, check that your phone or tablet is configured properly.

• Is your phone or tablet connected to the correct Wi-Fi network?
  • Confirm Wi-Fi access is enabled on your Roku device
  • Verify your network is configured properly

Turn the free Roku mobile app on your phone into a remote by choosing your Roku streaming device when you first launch the app. If your Roku device does not appear on this initial discovery screen, you can try the troubleshooting tips outlined in this article: How to connect the Roku mobile app to your Roku device over Wi-Fi

Please keep us posted on what you find out and we will be happy to continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
1kinghec

You can’t be this slow, they’ve already stated that all the connections are correct and it’s configured properly and it still doesn’t work !! You guys are talking in circles instead of actually helping us w the problem !!

Skfhjajansnd
Channel Surfer

Thank you!! 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.