Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kayveegee

Private listening stopped working Roku Preimere+

A few weeks ago private listening stopped working on our Roku Preimere+. I have not changed the TV, the iPhone, or the headphones. The WiFi connection has not changed and works  fine to stream shows using TV audio.  Here are all the things I have already tried to resolve it. 

- unplugged Roku power, plugged back in

- unplugged Roku HDMI, plugged back in

- restarted Roku through settings 

- checked that Roku has the latest firmware (it does)

- deleted the Roku iPhone app and reinstalled it 

- unplugged the TV, plugged it back in 

- tried to adjust audio delay in the settings. It did its cycle of blue screen, white screen flash, with very loud beeps (TV volume turned up to max). Tried this more than six times. Kept saying it couldn’t hear the beeps. Confirmed that the iPhone microphone is “on” for Roku, and the iPhone camera is “on” for Roku  

We’ve used private listening on this Roku device for years. Now when we try to set to headphone mode, there’s no sounds at all through the phone (or through headphones if I have them connected ) and then the headphone mode setting just pops back off.

Your move Roku, this is not acceptable and it’s clearly not a “turn it on and off” solution.  Do you just need to send me a new Roku device?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.