Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
flynhi

Mobile app not connecting

Iphone mobile remote app stopped working on both roku 43 tv's. worked fine for a year until a few days ago. no changes on my end.

Tv's are connected to wifi network. iPhone is connected to the same network. 

Iphone mobile app says no roku devices found even though they are connected to network. 

I've unpluged and restarted tv. Reset tv network connections. Deleted and reinstalled mobile app. Advanced settings for tv mobile app control set to default???

Something must be wrong with a tv or app auto updates. 

Please how do I resolve, the app has features we like to use.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Mobile app not connecting

I have one more thing to suggest to restart - all of your network equipment (gateway/modem/router).  It may not be the problem, but you can't rule out your router since it's involved.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @flynhi,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We are pleased to have you here sharing your concerns about the Roku mobile app that no longer connects to your Roku TVs. No worries, we're here to help.

To look closely into the issue we would like to know the following:

• Are you getting any error code or error messages? If so, what is/are the errors?
  • Did you receive a software update prior to this issue happening?
  • What is the software version of your Roku TVs?
  • Make sure the Roku mobile app is up to date.

In the meantime, I suggest you try using another mobile device, downloading the Roku Mobile app, and logging in with the same Roku account.

For more details, you can visit our Roku Support article: How to connect your phone to a Roku streaming device with the Roku mobile app

Providing the details above will help us to help you further. Please keep us posted.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Is your router supplied by your ISP? If so, they might have pushed out an update that (maybe accidentally) enabled the WiFi security setting that blocks connected devices from seeing other devices. Check in your router to see if that setting was enabled by mistake. Even if you own your router, it's still possible it received a firmware update that turned that setting on.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.