Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DavidRavenMoon
Reel Rookie

Mobile App randomly crashes when private listening

First off I’m annoyed there’s no direct way to report bugs to Roku.  

I’m using the Roku app on my iPhone 14, running iOS 18, but this was a problem with iOS 17 as well. The app is up to date, version 11.3.0.16034441.52. 
I’m using it with a Roku SoundBar and an Express. 
when using it for private listening it randomly crashes in the background. Then all of a sudden I don’t hear shutting. I have to relaunch the app and engage private listening again. Sometimes it won’t switch to private listening and I have to force quit the app and launch it again. 

I’m not looking for trouble shooting. There’s nothing to trouble shoot. I’m just reporting a bug. 
I’m sitting two feet from my WiFi router so that isn’t the issue. 

Also this forum software is telling me my post title needs to be 25 characters or more, which it is. 

1 REPLY 1
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Mobile App randomly crashes when private listening

Hi @DavidRavenMoon,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We understand you're having a problem with the private listening on the Roku mobile app. We're happy to investigate further. Can you please provide the following information below?

• When did the issue start?
  • Is the issue happening on all contents/channels, or is this isolated to 1 content/channel? (Specify)
  • Could you elaborate more about the troubleshooting steps you have taken so far?

In the meantime, you may check out this support article on resolving an issue with Headphone Mode.

We look forward to hearing from you and gathering details.

Regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.