Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tonytony22

App shows Roku tv on network but won’t connect

Jump to solution

My Roku app stopped connecting to the app last week. I have to use the remote, go into the settings, and either reset the network connection or “Check Connection” and then it will automatically connect to the account. I have tried resetting it but the problem persists, I have cycled the app and cycled the power to the tv and to my router. I have a dual band WiFi but I can separate the bands. Additionally, the tv is listed on the app as “devices available on this network” but won’t connect. I’ve also tried manually doing it, I’m looking right at the IP address on the TV *and* on my home WiFi network app, but the Roku app is saying it can’t find a Roku device with that IP address. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: App shows Roku tv on network but won’t connect

Jump to solution

Hi @Tonytony22,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We will be more than happy to assist you further with this issue you had with the Roku mobile app, which could not connect to your Roku device. 

If you are unable to connect (or even find) any of the Roku devices with the Roku mobile app, verify that your mobile device (phone) is using Wi-Fi and connected to the same network as your Roku devices. (Make sure you are not using your phone on the phone data but actually connected to the Wi-Fi network.)

If you have verified the above, your router or network may have some AP isolation rules in place preventing the discovery of your Roku devices. (Look for something in the router called AP isolation, Wireless/Wifi isolation, Network or Client isolation.) Additionally, verify you are not connected to your network's Guest Mode, as isolation rules are generally enabled by default.

For more information, you may check out this support article here on how to connect your phone to a Roku streaming device with the Roku mobile app.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Keep us posted on what you find out.

All the best,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: App shows Roku tv on network but won’t connect

Jump to solution

Hi @Tonytony22,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We will be more than happy to assist you further with this issue you had with the Roku mobile app, which could not connect to your Roku device. 

If you are unable to connect (or even find) any of the Roku devices with the Roku mobile app, verify that your mobile device (phone) is using Wi-Fi and connected to the same network as your Roku devices. (Make sure you are not using your phone on the phone data but actually connected to the Wi-Fi network.)

If you have verified the above, your router or network may have some AP isolation rules in place preventing the discovery of your Roku devices. (Look for something in the router called AP isolation, Wireless/Wifi isolation, Network or Client isolation.) Additionally, verify you are not connected to your network's Guest Mode, as isolation rules are generally enabled by default.

For more information, you may check out this support article here on how to connect your phone to a Roku streaming device with the Roku mobile app.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Keep us posted on what you find out.

All the best,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.