Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lynk2shaggy
Reel Rookie

Re: Media option missing from Roku app

Jump to solution

This is a horrible decision by Roku. I will personally make sure my next TV is a Vizio from here on out. At least I don't have to download an app to cast to my Vizio TV. It has Google cast unlike Roku. The app made everyone prefer the Roku TV's. The tv itself was preferred to Vizio but with no longer having a cast option that is easily usable I will never buy another Roku tv.

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for posting and sharing your thoughts. We value your feedback as a valued customer.

Please be advised, that as per @RokuERey posted above, this option is no longer available on the Roku Mobile App. But you can still use AirPlay and screen mirroring as a workaround.

We'll also make sure to share your feedback with our team.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Gringomike
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yeah, umm, thanks Chel, but as you can see from the responses, Air Play and mirroring don’t do the trick.   Thanks for nothin’.  

Ordie82

Jump to solution

Wow. Just in time to shop for a non roku tv for the holidays too! That was obviously a huge selling point for your customer base and you decided to remove it. Cast does NOT work on Roku devices. Never has. Maybe that was by design? If so, I smell som consumer protection action on the horizon. I have 3 Roku devices that I'll be replacing as soon as possible unless this is addressed appropriately.

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @Ordie82!

We appreciate your feedback and sincerely regret any inconvenience this may have caused you. 

Please be aware that you can screen mirror your Android phone on your Roku player by following the instructions provided by our Support article How to screen mirror your Android phone to your Roku streaming device.

Also, to know more about How to cast apps like YouTube or Netflix from your phone to a TV, you can visit our support article with regards to that.

Let us know how it goes and we'll continue assisting you from there. Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BretCee
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

We know how to do the screen mirroring and airplay, etc, but they are more cumbersome and less convenient than the media casting option in the Roku app was. I agree with all those here moving away from Roku as user convenience is lessened. Many of us bought Rokus for this very convenience and now you've removed it. Thanks a lot for all the extra expense we must have, to replace what we already had

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

We completely understand your input @BretCee.

In this case, to all Community users who are having the same issue. Please be aware that we will coordinate this with the relevant Roku team for further review and find you the best resolution possible.

Kindly provide us the model of your smartphone, the current build version, and the current OS version of the Roku streaming player the Roku mobile app is connected to for us to create a ticket effectively.

We'll be anticipating your response!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
StevenGTX

Jump to solution

As a long-time Roku user, this option is not a game-changer for me. Didn't even realize it was available until last week when I watched the video clip after installing my latest Roku Ultra. Surprised that it wasn't available. Would be a nice feature. Here's my info for your future endeavors: 

Roku Ultra model 4802X Software Version 12.5.0.4178

Roku Mobile App 9.10.0.2714153

Phone: Galaxy A52 5G (SM-A526U) Android version 13

TV: Samsung Model QN82Q6DTAFXZA

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @StevenGTX,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, and we value your feedback as our valued customer. We don't have any information to share at the moment, but you can always check out our blog for the latest news and upcoming updates.

We always aim to provide our customers with the best streaming experience and convenience when using our services. We'll pass this along to the appropriate Roku team for review. Once again, thank you so much for your feedback, and we value your input.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lynk2shaggy
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This is not an acceptable solution. Those airplay apps require that you jump through hoops to use or even set them up. At least with my Vizio I can simply cast from my phone with ease and no app. My next TV will certainly be a larger Vizio. I have a 65" onn Roku tv and my next purchase will be a 75" Vizio.

0 Kudos