Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Media option missing from Roku app

Jump to solution

Hi @Lynk2shaggy,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We'd like to take a closer look into this issue that you're having with the Roku mobile app since the media option is missing. What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far? Could you send us a photo or screenshot of your problem?

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BretCee
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

John,

The fact that the media option disappeared from the roku app on all devices IS THE PROBLEM. From my broad experience, and from the responses here, and from another community roku person, 'Chel', the media option has disappeared from the app itself. It has disappeared both from the android app and the iPhone app. All models of roku devices and tv's, and all models of app-hosting phones, tablets and other such devices thus are affected. Many here, the same as my family, wish strongly that it was as easy as it used to be to cast media with the roku app to a roku device without having to use screen mirroring or airplay. My wife misses it every day and wants it to be that easy again. 

Gringomike
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Well said, John, but ‘Chel’ & Co. really need to know why, how, who what and where.   They won’t stop with the silly generic responses.   Fix the dang issue that a totally techless person like myself can simply see was their fault for ‘disappearing’ the media option.   
Roku, listen to those that have taken the time to kindly reach out about this issue (I bet there are many many more who feel the same way) or maybe end up like Bud Light. Good day

mjs08

Jump to solution

This issue has royally hacked me off! Was such a simple, high value feature. Like, what product manager sat back and said, 'hmmm, yeah let's get rid of that just for fun even though we have no legitimate reason to do so and our customers love it'? Crazy decision!

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @mjs08.

Thanks for the first post to the Roku Community!

Please be advised that we currently don't have any information to share about when or if Media Option will be available on our platform, but you can always check out our blog for the latest news and upcoming updates.

We'll also make sure to share your feedback with our team.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DT420920
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm on ios 17 with an iphone 12 promax Miss the media streaming option so much better than airplay please fix 

9.10.1 is my app version and my tv is running

12.5.0 build 4176-CG

0 Kudos
DT420920
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm on ios 17 with an iphone 12 promax Miss the media streaming option so much better than airplay please fix 

9.10.1 is my app version and my tv is running

12.5.0 build 4176-CG

0 Kudos
DT420920
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Imo the issue there is the second u switch to an app that's not apple photos the stream stops even if the apps running in the background

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @DT420920,

Thanks for getting in touch, and welcome to the Roku Community!

Please be advised that this feature is no longer available on the Roku Mobile app platform anymore. You can still use screen mirroring and AirPlay as an alternative.

You can refer to our Support page below for more information:

1. How to use screen mirroring with your Android™ or Windows® device
  2. How to use AirPlay and HomeKit with your Roku streaming device

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
kolds839

Jump to solution

I have the same issue. Media icon has disappeared from my Roku app.  How do I get it back.  I don't want another app for screen mirroring.  So frustrating!!!

0 Kudos