Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alyson

Is The Roku Channel​ APP available on Android/Google TV?

Is The Roku Channel​ APP available on Android/Google TV

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Is The Roku Channel​ APP available on Android/Google TV?

Hi @Alyson

Welcome to the Roku Community. 

Add The Roku Channel to any Roku streaming device, compatible Samsung Smart TV, or compatible Amazon Fire TV device, or watch on TheRokuChannel.com or on the Roku mobile app. To learn more visit our support page: How to get The Roku Channel

And The Roku mobile app is a free application for iOS and Android devices that turns your mobile device into the ultimate streaming companion. Watch hundreds of hit movies, TV shows, and more when you are on the go, directly from The Roku Channel tab.

I hope this helps, and please let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Alyson

Hi @Nimfa,

Thanks for your feedback.

The Roku Channel is available on any Roku streaming device, compatible Samsung Smart TV, or compatible Amazon Fire TV device, or watch on TheRokuChannel.com or on the Roku mobile app. So it is not available on Android/Google TV or Google Play Store under TV categories, right? If not, do you have plans to add The Roku Channel on Google Play Store under TV categories? 

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@Alyson

Thanks for your response. 

At this time, The Roku Channel app is not available on Android/Google TV or Google Play Store under TV categories. We appreciate your interest in having The Roku Channel available on these platforms and we will be sure to submit your feedback to our team for consideration. 

If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Alyson

@Nimfa

Thanks for submitting my feedback to your team for consideration. 

Is it possible that you help share one of your team's contacts who are in charge of this kind of plan of having The Roku Channel available on Android/Google TV or Google Play Store under TV categories? I am the BD of Hisense Android/Google TV and I really would like to talk with him/her directly on this kind of plan later, like some official business cooperation or something like that.

0 Kudos
Rolanda
Reel Rookie

@Alyson

While there is no official Roku Channel app for Android TV or Google TV, the Roku Channel can be viewed on an Android TV or Google TV device using the web browser in the Google Play Store called TV Bro. To view The Roku Channel content on the TV Bro browser, you must deactivate the ad-blocker in TV Bro's settings.

0 Kudos