Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Error attempting to sign in to mobile app on second iPhone

Hi, @Sivo @joshbuttler

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for sharing this information to us, and we'll provide some steps on how to resolve this. Have you tried restarting your modem/router or using your mobile hotspot to see if you're able to sign-in successfully? Also, have you ensured that you have entered the correct credentials including the case-sensitive parts?

Please let us know how this works.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Nice to see that nearly four months later there’s still no resolution to this bug. iPhone 15 pro max, iOS 17.1.1

I’m able to sign in on a browser on both pc and phone, can’t use the app at all on any device. Gives the error “Error something went wrong”. There’s no error code given, however without access to the app, I’m not able to connect the device to the account, so effectively it can’t be used without a connected streaming device, which sort of defeats the purpose of the Roku tv. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Monkeywrench wrote:
...however without access to the app, I’m not able to connect the device to the account, so effectively it can’t be used without a connected streaming device, which sort of defeats the purpose of the Roku tv. 

I know it's not helpful for the "sign in" issue, but can you clarify what you mean by this?  You certainly don't need to use the Roku mobile app to set up or use a Roku TV.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
DadOfFour
Channel Surfer

Here we are nearly 7 months since my original post and my wife still gets “Error Something went wrong, please try again later.” when trying to sign into our account on her phone. I am having a hard time believing this ever was escalated to the tech department as was promised. 

0 Kudos

I’ve been following this thread for a while. I was hoping there would be a solution.

i can signin to my Roku account through a browser without issue.

i can use the remote from my iPhone while connected to the same network and my Roku Ultra without issue.

But, I'm receiving the same error that everyone else is when trying to signin to my Roku account from the Roku app on my iPhone. 
At this point, I’m following the thread to see if there will be a solution for signing into my Roku account from iPhone.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.