Roku legacy products

Still have old Roku models? Find help and recommendations for older Roku devices that no longer receive software updates or aren't eligible for channel updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SDB55
Streaming Star

Re: ROKU3 box stopped working, after house power went out and was restored

Also, I connect the HDMI cable from the Roku 3  right into my surround receiver, so I can send the audio out to my 5.1 speakers.

Can the stick connect the same way? I asked in a couple videos but did not get a response. I would assume it would work because the stick has an HDMI connection. 

0 Kudos
SDB55
Streaming Star

One issue that might present a problem is I don’t believe the surround receiver supports 4K, so I would probably connect the 4K stick to my LGTV, which is 4K, but need a way to route the audio into my surround receiver so that I get the best of both worlds. Can that be configured through the Roku stick menu?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@SDB55

Thanks for the post.

Yes, a Roku device can be plugged into an AVR through the HDMI connection.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SDB55
Streaming Star

Thanks for the information. It looks like I will have to continue to plug it into my TV because my AVR only supports 1080 resolution and I have a 4K TV, Unless there’s a better way to go about it?

0 Kudos
SDB55
Streaming Star

On a side topic, I am not able to log into this account on my computer. It’s telling me to create a username which obviously I already have.
I have tried to sign out and sign back in again with the same email associated with this account on my phone but it’s not working. Who can I talk to you to get this resolved?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@SDB55

Thanks for the follow up.

Since you would get the best quality when plugging the Roku device directly to your TV, we would recommend using that setup.

In regards to accessing the Community through a computer, are you making sure you are signing into the Community with the same credentials as your Roku account?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SDB55
Streaming Star

I’ll have to check but it shows the same email address so I’m assuming it would be the same credentials, But I can’t get past creating a new username and I don’t want to have two   Not sure why it’s asking for me to create a username. Maybe something is weird with the auto fill on Chrome?

As far as the upgrade to the 4K stick. I’ve been scouring the Internet but I can’t find any direct comparison between it and my Roku 3. I’m guessing it’s a significant increase in speed and performance?

0 Kudos
SDB55
Streaming Star

Maybe this is what happened. 
after I had the whole issue with the power and I reset the Roku box, I logged into my original email that I set up the account with and changed the email address to my Gmail address. I think something is not right the way that workflow is supposed to work. In the Roku box it still shows my old email address and only on my phone can I login using what I think is my old account with the updated email address or, there was actually a minute where I created a second account using this Gmail address, so honestly I have no idea what’s going on, lol

0 Kudos
SDB55
Streaming Star

OK, I just checked my original account which used my Earthlink email address and I am no longer able to login with the original password so I don’t know what has happened to that account.

Maybe it’s been deleted because I changed the email address on it, but it’s odd that I can only log into my account from the phone, or it could be because I created this potential 2nd account on this phone?

0 Kudos
Hector-Roku
Retired Moderator

Hi @SDB55, from what we're seeing it seems that you can't log in because the password isn't being accepted. We will be sending you a direct message here on the Roku Community to troubleshoot this for you! Please keep an eye out on the email icon at the top of your page for a notification that we have sent you a message. 

0 Kudos