Roku legacy products

Still have old Roku models? Find help and recommendations for older Roku devices that no longer receive software updates or aren't eligible for channel updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mark2024

Roku 2 activation code not working

On reactivation of my Roku2 (did a factory reset) i'm told to go to roku.com/link and enter a 4 character alphanumeric. However, that website says it has a problem. If i go to roku.com/trclink (just from a web search) then that site does not accept the code generated by my roku. So very stuck. Any help or info would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards,

-Mark

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku 2 activation code not working

There have have been several Roku "2" models over the years.  A few are no longer supported.  Roku hasn't used link codes in years, so the fact that yours is displaying one is an indication that it's no longer supported and can't be linked to a Roku account anymore.  Sorry.

You can see if yours is on this list under "Legacy models".

Hardware specifications | Roku Developer

By the way, the "trclink" URL is to link The Roku Channel to a Roku account and isn't the same as linking a Roku device to a Roku account.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to searchpost your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.
Additional Resources
Check out our support articles for more content.