Roku legacy products

Still have old Roku models? Find help and recommendations for older Roku devices that no longer receive software updates or aren't eligible for channel updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
broubin

Roku 4 is a legacy, but not the 3?

Why is my Roku 4 a legacy product with no more support or updates, but the 3 isn't? I can no longer get a few channels because of this, but the 3 is listed as usable.

Odd.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku 4 is a legacy, but not the 3?

Not really odd.  The Roku 4 was a bit of a misfit.  It used a different processor than any other Roku device and was the only device that would actually turn off.  It also didn't support some of the formats that other 4k devices do.  Roku probably got tired of supporting it.  One or more moderators have been saying that the Roku 3 is a legacy device, but I don't know if that's inside information (I wouldn't be surprised if it's the next device to make the list) or just Roku moderators being Roku moderators (I often wonder if some of them have ever seen a Roku device let alone used one).

I just noticed an 8k TV on the legacy list.  I wouldn't be too happy if I wasted money on an 8k TV only for it to become a legacy device in such a short period, but then again, if I had the money to waste on an 8k TV maybe I wouldn't care.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to searchpost your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.
Additional Resources
Check out our support articles for more content.