Roku Mobile App

Help with the Roku Mobile app on Android and iOS, adding channels, using remote control functionality, playing content from The Roku Channel, using Play on Roku, mobile private listening, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Tv keeps turning on by itself

My TCL tv with built-in Roku keeps turning on by itself after we turn it off with the Roku app, this happens 2 or 3 times before it stops doing it. Has anyone experienced this? if you found a solution pls let me know.

Labels (1)
5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Tv keeps turning on by itself

We have the same issue. We live in an apartment where there is a line of sight to another apartment building out our living room window, so my theory is that somebody else with the same kind of remote in the other building can turn our TV on, whether intentionally or unintentionally. Short of covering the IR receiver and only using he phone app to control the TV, I'm not sure what the solution is -- IR remotes are all the same, there is no way to pair the remote and the TV so that only our remote can turn it off and on.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have found the app turns on the tv just by opening the app. It turns on whichever tv we last connected to via the app. This is very annoying if I want to control a different tv than the one I last connected to.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Try Settings/System/Control other devices.... make sure one touch play is disabled.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

It is off. It has only started doing this since the app was updated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Oh @Tivoburkee is the one you should be talking to.

maybe he knows how to switch bands or something. Probably does.

Remember Roku doesnt make the TV's TCL does.

you could contact them.

I think TCL used to be RCA I forget.

Why dont you use an Aquarium screensaver?

Solid State doesnt really wear out.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos