Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
InductiveBill
Reel Rookie

Re: Tv keeps turning on by itself

Jump to solution

Did you try turning off the screensaver?

0 Kudos
cambriahermit
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yes, but not since the reset so will try that again.

0 Kudos
cambriahermit
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Still doing the random turning on. I did all of the fixes suggested; changed batteries, unplugged for 15 minutes, reset to factory settings (twice), disabled screensaver, and it is still doing it. I am ready to send it back, it has been here for two days and I haven't slept well for two nights. UGH!

cambriahermit
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

TCL found the solution. Pull power plug, hold button under front of TV for 15 seconds, plug TV back in. Been an hour and it has not gone back on so far. It was the only fix I did not try or see anywhere so keep this one!

0 Kudos
AttaGrl08

Re: How to fix TV that keeps turning on by itself

Jump to solution

Mine keeps doing it too.  Driving me crazy!!  I've contacted Roku and they told me to contact RCA.... So now I wait for a tech to call me back...

0 Kudos
cambriahermit
Channel Surfer

Re: How to fix TV that keeps turning on by itself

Jump to solution

The TV manufacturer is the one with the fix. Mine was unplugging it, holding the physical power button on the TV down for 15 seconds and plugging back in.  Tried all the online options first but this one solved it.

0 Kudos
Mdk01
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the exact same problem. Since May in fact. $1000 65" TV. Terrible. 

0 Kudos
Mdk01
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I think I have a temporary workaround but I don't know what causes it to work. 

Keep the TV muted and on the Home Screen. Make sure that the TV is set to automatically turn off after 15 min of inactivity. Generally, it won't turn back on after it turns off this way. Powering down with the Roku app keeps the TV off sometimes as well. The remote, not so much for some reason.

0 Kudos
jsquared56

Jump to solution

Thanks! I’m this looks like it worked for me also.

0 Kudos