Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joansz
Channel Surfer

Re: How to fix TV that keeps turning on by itself

Jump to solution

Thanks, I'll have to check that out.

0 Kudos
xarmian
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Well my theory was quickly destroyed.. it turned on again last night at 2:40am, and this time it hadn't checked for an update. I'm getting ready to return the TV, since this is for the bedroom and I'm going to end up throwing it out a window in a fit of overnight rage.

0 Kudos
Joansz
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Bummer. My TV is also for the bedroom. So, Mrs. Lincoln, other than that, how did you enjoy the play?

0 Kudos
Chgorob1

Jump to solution

I have multiple Roku remotes. They seemed to be paired as they don’t control any tv but the one assigned.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I'm experiencing the same issue on the Roku Streambar, so it's not limited to the TCL tv alone if anyone was wondering

0 Kudos
lesmikesell
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

If you are sure it is not the remote app, Alexa, airplay or similar network activity triggering it, sometimes just power cycling devices (pull the plug, not just with the power switch) will clear up some strange activity.

Joansz
Channel Surfer

Re: Tv keeps turning on by itself

Jump to solution

@lesmikesell wrote:

If you are sure it is not the remote app, Alexa, airplay or similar network activity triggering it, sometimes just power cycling devices (pull the plug, not just with the power switch) will clear up some strange activity.

I like that suggestion. The good old hard reboot often does the trick.

0 Kudos
jayeliot
Reel Rookie

Re: Tv keeps turning on by itself

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
jayeliot
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I discovered three solutions.

1. After turning off tv with TCL remote I unplug the tv briefly. (Not a good solution)

2. After turning off tv with TCL remote I remove the batteries from remote, briefly.(Better,  but not good solution)

3. I downloaded the Roku Remote app and use that solved the problem. (Now I want TCL to replace this defective remote that came with the TV

0 Kudos
jayeliot
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I discovered three solutions.

1. After turning off tv with TCL remote I unplug the tv briefly. (Not a good solution)

2. After turning off tv with TCL remote I remove the batteries from remote, briefly.(Better,  but not good solution)

3. I downloaded the Roku Remote app and use that solved the problem. (Now I want TCL to replace this defective remote that came with the TV