Has anyone been able to make Wistia video hosting service work using a Roku Direct Publisher Feed?
I can make everything work except one thing:
But videos will not play.
- Channel created - all the logos & titles are perfect
- Categories work as intended
- Thumbnails, duration, descriptions, etc. all work well
- NO errors are returned after ingesting the feed.
- Channel shows on Roku - I can navigate through all the categories and videos
After you click "play" - the interface briefly says "Loading" - then shows a button labeled "Play Again"- but nothing played.
Here are things I have tried:
I tried using the Stream/RAF Tester Tool from Roku - I was able to make it load some simple MP4
- Update settings in Wistia to allow ANY domain or IP address to view the video
- Tweaked several settings in my feed including quality (settled on UHD), videoType (settled on HLS)
videos, but nothing using HLS
- The error message was: Error: Video Playback Error: malformed data StreamURL: https://....
The things I'm trying to learn are:
- Has anyone done this before? If so:
- What are the settings used in the Direct Publisher Feed?
- What domain or domains must be whitelisted to allows Roku access to the videos?
Help sincerely appreciated.