Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HAckshorror
Reel Rookie

Published channel but shows no videos just search box

I used direct publisher for two channels both are published but the only thing that shows up is a search box I used instant tv channel to make the feeds and preview channels work great 

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
HAckshorror
Reel Rookie

Re: Published channel but shows no videos just search box

All it says is service is still processing your feed all 

0 Kudos
OddScott
Roku Guru

As mentioned elsewhere in this forum, there are ongoing issues with Direct Publisher. Because the issues are not specific to Instant TV Channel I'm unable to offer any specific help other than to suggest that you use the SDK publishing method instead of Direct Publisher.

Since you are already using Instant TV Channel, you may want to consider using the SDK publishing method instead of the Direct Publisher publishing method. SDK offers a larger selection of on-screen options and monetization options. When using Instant TV Channel the SDK publishing method is just as easy as using Direct Publisher, and most changes made to the channel will appear instantly instead of having to wait for Roku to update your Direct Publisher feed.

www.InstantTvChannel.com - 717-441-4386 - Build a Roku SDK channel in 15 minutes! - Easy Direct Publisher to SDK upgrades!
0 Kudos
luiznicolau
Binge Watcher

Roku's answer, several channels have this problem:

Hi Luiz, We have a new update. This channel issue was found to be related to a larger scale firmware bug. The issue has a fix that will be published within the next two weeks (hopefully sooner) and should return your channel to normal functionality. Please contact Partner Success if you do not see your channel functioning as expected by Thursday, Jan. 23.

Best, Jen

0 Kudos
Bigmike333
Streaming Star

Well, the Direct Publisher update is still not here. It's been six weeks now with a dead channel, and no way to update it. Goodbye audience.

Baradanikto
Roku Guru

@Bigmike333 

Did you contact Partner Success?  What did they say?

FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
Bigmike333
Streaming Star

Direct Publisher update ability has been restored! Thanks to the Roku developer team for your persistent work in getting these issues resolved. 

Developers, it may be necessary for you to go back in and save your .json url, then reverify your feed. Finally, republish your channel. In the past, you could view an updated channel almost immediately. Now, however, it seems to take up to a couple of hours. It will update the channel though.

Good luck!

0 Kudos
rfm1963
Binge Watcher

It takes hours to update once ingested successfully. I ingested my JSON file 3 times in a row. Wonder if it just uses my last ingested JSON file or ingests in sequence of 1-2-3.  

0 Kudos
omg-79
Reel Rookie

I am seeing the same issue. My channel was working fine and suddenly stopped showing any videos. I believe this is specific to some roku devices because I see from the logs that some users still able to watch the videos.

0 Kudos
dreikoarts

Greetings, I have the same problem, my channel was working well and suddenly I stop loading the video, I have changed everything, the links and even the server and nothing remains the same.

0 Kudos