Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OnlineMedia
Reel Rookie

How to edit a Roku channel created by someone else

Our church Roku channel was developed by a streaming provider that we are going to drop. We have a Developer account showing the app published by the previous streaming company. We need to make the changes to the account for new media as well as live streams. Any help as far as what we may need to get this going would be greatly appreciated. It may be something easier than we have found just need to be pointed in the right direction and is there a program we need to use for this.

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
OnlineMedia
Reel Rookie

Re: How to edit a Roku channel created by someone else

Aaron,

I looked at your link and wondering if this will be what we are looking for. Is there any screen shoots or videos showing what this program does and how it works. Our biggest issue is to be able to take what the streaming  provider created and has been updating content from us to be able to "take it over" without having to start over.

0 Kudos
elsolnetwork
Channel Surfer

Hi, I need help on editing and creating a my channel. Can anybody help?

0 Kudos
elsolnetwork
Channel Surfer

Somebody created a channel for me: El Sol 105 (fm), He gave me control of it, but I still cant edit it . I also want to create another Channel

0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

@elsolnetwork Note that if El Sol 105 is an Audio only channel (ie. Radio), you can't create or maintain it with Direct Publisher.  More than likely it was created with the SDK and will require knowledge of the BrightScript language.

FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
elsolnetwork
Channel Surfer

It is streaming videos directly from my pc (vMix). I need to know if anybody can help.

0 Kudos
elsolnetwork
Channel Surfer

It was done sdk

0 Kudos
elsolnetwork
Channel Surfer

Ok, thanks!

0 Kudos