Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NickLargent
Channel Surfer

My Categories Wont Update

Three days ago I updated my JSON feed by adding a new video with a new tag 'south'. I also added a new category that uses the tag 'south'. 3 days later I still don't see the category on my channel but I can see the video when I search it up in my channel. The feed is fine with it giving me no errors. I've contacted roku support and just wondering if any of you have the solution or are going thru the same thing.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
37mediagroup
Roku Guru

Re: My Categories Wont Update

Its case sensitive, did you match them in both?

I thought somewhere there was a checkmark for 'Categories defined in Feed' or not. Could it be that?

0 Kudos
NickLargent
Channel Surfer

I did match the cases, both are lowercase and It is specified in feed i'm not sure what the problem could be. 

0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Please post your feed if you want someone to take a look at it. There could be an error in your feed.

FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
NickLargent
Channel Surfer

Here's my feed code

https://api.npoint.io/dbfe3dbd44dcd78db5c5

I don't think its wrong but there could be something I'm missing, also the video in question is the very first one at the top with the tag 'south'

0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Your feed file does not define Categories with tags.  Did you define the tag 'south' via the developer's portal?  You may want to define the categories in the feed file instead.

FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos