Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hotwebideas
Channel Surfer

Link a Thumbnail to a Video Details Page?

Jump to solution
Does anyone know how to link a thumbnail in Direct Publisher to a page where the viewer can read details of the video before watching it?
WordPress Interface to Manage Roku Direct Publisher
TVChannelPress.com
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Re: Link a Thumbnail to a Video Details Page?

Jump to solution
I accomplish this in my channel by using the 'longDescription' field in the Json item feed.  I then define a playlist called "New this month" that displays at the top of my channel.  It includes all new videos for the month.  When a viewer selects a video that uses the 'longDescription' field they will see a "long" description of the video.  If the video description does not fit on the screen, they can press the "*" key to display its contents.
FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Re: Link a Thumbnail to a Video Details Page?

Jump to solution
I accomplish this in my channel by using the 'longDescription' field in the Json item feed.  I then define a playlist called "New this month" that displays at the top of my channel.  It includes all new videos for the month.  When a viewer selects a video that uses the 'longDescription' field they will see a "long" description of the video.  If the video description does not fit on the screen, they can press the "*" key to display its contents.
FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.