I'm still having the issue personally. When I change the branding (Search thumbnail, banner, and splash screen) it detects a change and performs an update but none of the content updates despite refreshing the feed. What's weird is the only thing that changes is the splash screen. The search thumbnail and banner do not change.
Tried system update and removing and readding the channel. This is an unpublished channel in preview mode if that makes a difference.
I'm currently having the same issue. I have been unable to update a channel regardless of what I do in the feed file, or, any changes through the developer portal. The feed status shows no errors. I've contacted Partner Success and will report back if anything comes of it.
The unstable nature of the Direct Publisher framework is getting really old...
@matthudgins I received a response from Partner Success.
I was experiencing the same symptoms you were. I had updated the feed file and made changes in the developer portal. Nothing changed within the channel.
The support person told me they were able to see my feed updates. So, I accidentally clicked on my channel and it let me download and install a copy of it. I now have two of the same channels installed. They have different versions and build numbers. One contains the updates I've been making, the other does not.
I'm not sure how two of the same channels are allowed on the same machine. I've asked Partner Succes to explain how this can occur.
This type of problem does not build confidence in the platform.
Sounds like the deployment process is not fully automated (probably some manual deployment pushes, based on the the comments in this thread). I am having update issues which shouldn't happen if the update issues were fixed this summer.
@fiftyplanotv If you haven't already, you should contact Roku Partner Success for assistance. Don't assume anything is ever fixed. DP seems to be in a constant state of flux.
Does not inspire confidence...
I've been trying to create a new channel and have been fighting with this stupid thing all week. I'll update my JSON file and even after going into Preview and Publish and changing things and refreshing the feed there, it's literally HOURS before I see any hint of changes. Very frustrating when I'm debugging and have to wait until the next day to see if it's working or not. Writing a TVML app for Apple TV was much less of a headache since I could see changes immediately!
I think I'm almost there and am waiting for one final refresh before I submit the channel, but this entire experience has been such a pain.
I have the same problem again. Channel is not updating from 10/30/2020.
Feeds are digesting correctly but the updated feed does not push to devices.
Am I the only person with this problem or this is a "pandemic"