Roku Direct Publisher

The easiest way to create a great TV experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Getting around Roku's limit of 40 videos per row or category with Vimeo Pro

I've got to be missing something here.

In Vimeo Pro, the only way you have to categorize your videos when working with Roku Direct Publisher is by adding "tags" to each video . Those tags need to share keywords found in the different categories you've created in RDP.

For example, instead of creating a "Sports" category in RDP, you would create a football, basketball and tennis category. Then in Vimeo you use those same tags; football, basketball and tennis for the corresponding videos.

My problem is that every single video gets added to every single category when viewing my channel on Roku. Even though I've only added one tag to each video. Which means I'm stuck at 40 videos max.

What am I doing wrong here? Thanks.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 12

Re: Getting around Roku's limit of 40 videos per row or category with Vimeo Pro

It's tough to say with ppl using VImeo to spit out the json, seems alot of intricacies to it. Would you mind posting the feed or a quick version of it with at least 1 video, you can xxxxx out the title & video url if you'd like. If you need to host it seperate try using myjson.com.

With that said, try searching this board for vimeo as others have posted occasionally about it. I recall something that you can't use videos within subcategories on Vimeo's end or something. Could that be a factor?  Lastly, it may be best to include both categories & tags in the json feed, and, as a failsafe enter them thru the RDP submission also if they don't show. Although I think there's a checkmark for 'I've added my tags in my feed" or something as well. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

Re: Getting around Roku's limit of 40 videos per row or category with Vimeo Pro

As @37mediagroup stated, there have been several Vimeo users complaining about the Roku support provided by Vimeo.  You should consider maintaining your channel feed without using Vimeo as the feed generator.  You can still host videos on Vimeo, but, using an external tool should provide you with more control.

FREE Windows desktop software for creating BIF (Trick Play), Direct Publisher (MRSS, JSON), and FireTV feeds @ https://github.com/rrirower. No programming knowledge required.
0 Kudos