Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
coskel
Roku Guru

Replaced m3u, json file unchanged/validates correctly Feed status throws errors

Title kind of says it all.

I changed live stream providers and replaced the m3u link, working json file unchanged/validates correctly.

As soon as I check the Feed Status, it throws errors. 

1 item has an error: No valid items were found in the feed: validate

and 

1 item has an error: Required video url is unreachable.

I can see the video using the m3u, and I am using Json Feed Manager to vaildate the file.

Channels: Go Live Sports Cast/Audion - Audiobooks On Demand
"All I've had today is, like, six gummy bears and some scotch."
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
37mediagroup
Roku Guru

Re: Replaced m3u, json file unchanged/validates correctly Feed status throws errors

Odd. Who did you switch to?  I only ask because some platforms like youtube use a form of 'redirect' with their URLs.  I would guess yours doesn't if they gave you a m3u link, but possibly with something like a webcasting service they might (Brightcove/Vidyo?)

I would do a quick search of their forums too, for any similar issues. You're saying you only changed the URL from the old one to the new, right?  And something IS currently streaming, right?  Has it been 24/7?  Because Roku only 'reads' your feed every 6 hours, so you can't really pick & choose when to go live unless you time it right.

Lastly, maybe try changing the ID# to something new. Unlikely, but maybe its a cache issue.

0 Kudos
coskel
Roku Guru

Re: Replaced m3u, json file unchanged/validates correctly Feed status throws errors

Changing ID# did not help.

Provider is Zype.

I get direct support with them, so I will reach out and post back here when its resolved.

Its been streaming 24/7 since about this time yesterday, and I tried to update about 9pm yesterday and again this am before I posted.

Channels: Go Live Sports Cast/Audion - Audiobooks On Demand
"All I've had today is, like, six gummy bears and some scotch."
0 Kudos