Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
newperceptions
Streaming Star

Channel crashes after opening live video

My channel "Pioneer Memorial Church Live" installs, opens, but when you click the live video to play, it loads it up, shows a frame, and then immediately crashes. Roku support has been non-responsive. Can anyone else confirm this on their device for me? And does anyone have any ideas? The channel is approved, and the stream is up when testing. I do take the stream down throughout the week, but is live Saturdays from 9 AM - 1 PM ET. This happened once in the past and I was told that Roku engineers had to do something manually to the channel to fix it. It was pretty non descript though as to what happened. Any advice is certainly appreciated! Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
shasty
Binge Watcher

Re: Channel crashes after opening live video

The following thread has been going since July 14th so you have more information. 

https://community.roku.com/t5/Roku-Direct-Publisher/Stream-cuts-off-directly-after-loading/m-p/89014...

In summary...it would seem Roku has dropped support for live streaming in DP channels without notification.

0 Kudos
shasty
Binge Watcher

Re: Channel crashes after opening live video

@newperceptions My apologies...I see you already found the other thread.

0 Kudos