Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jrkenn
Binge Watcher

Stream cuts off directly after loading

I currently manage 4 ROKU DP channels. I am aware of the DP sunset, however when going to any of my channels the stream will load and cut off after about 1 second. The same stream works on my website but not on ROKU. The feed is from the same source so I am pretty sure this is something on the ROKU side. It seems this happened once before but is anyone else having this issue?

13 REPLIES 13
CARTOONBLAST
Binge Watcher

Re: Stream cuts off directly after loading

yep, my stream started blinking out way back on the 12th of July,😒  

ferdiworks
Roku Guru

Are you reffering to a Livestream video or all videos in your feed?

OnDemandTV
admin@ondemandtvnetworks.com
0 Kudos
jrkenn
Binge Watcher

It is a live stream

0 Kudos
ferdiworks
Roku Guru

I had that issue when I used vimeo livestreaming. Work in their player fine but had issues with the OTT platforms and they caimed it was outside their player while being used on OTT.

OnDemandTV
admin@ondemandtvnetworks.com
0 Kudos
MIO

I still share the same problem, I have carried out tests with the utility provided by Roku and the same live video that is on the DP channel works well and does not drop. Now I don't understand why the live video is cut off and the videos on demand that are still using HLS play without problems

shasty
Binge Watcher

We have the same issue on both of our DP Channels:

• HLS Live Streams cut off ~ 1 sec after playing
  • VOD Content works fine, despite also streaming via HLS
  • Across our set of Roku testing devices, the issue slowly "spread".  Some 38xx and 39xx devices were noted to be affected on July 13, others including Roku TV's were affected on the 14th.  
  • The same HLS live streams work in our SDK channels
  • The same HLS live streams work in the RAF stream tester
  • The same HLS live streams work in web-browsers

Any help would be appreciated!  Is anyone currently working with Roku support to investigate/address?

9000ft
Reel Rookie

This appears to be all live streams. My channel and a friends all doing the same thing. Raised it with tech support and they said that since they are sunsetting DP they won't support it. Basically means instead of January it's done now unless they decide to address it. We sent an appeal but additional voices would no doubt help the case.

shasty
Binge Watcher

@9000ft Any word on your appeal?

0 Kudos
9000ft
Reel Rookie

Went back-and-forth a number of times but they don't seem ready to acknowledge that it's their issue even though all indications are that that's the case. They are relying on the big brains here to work on solving the problem. The fact that it's affecting everybody with a live stream would pretty clearly point to the fact that it's an internal issue. That said not sure there's a fix until they decide to diagnose it and fix it. See the excerpts below. Not sure exactly how to proceed but the more people that are complaining in the more likely we are to see them take some action. At least for the purpose of live playback DP seems broken and although they said it would sunset in Jan 2024 it is effectively dead 30 days post the press release.

"Roku Developers are available in the forums to help with troubleshooting issues. 

Unfortunately, we do not have support for Direct Publisher issue tickets at this time."

-----

"Unfortunately, at the moment, we are unable to investigate and determine the root cause of the issue."