Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Spacehog
Streaming Star

Alternatives to 5CentsCDN

I'm in a tough situation because 5CentsCDN has been a total trainwreck of a server this week and I'm very much in the market for a different server. 

Does anyone know of a similar but more reliable server service that won't crash constantly? 

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
moddev
Reel Rookie

Re: Alternatives to 5CentsCDN

Streamhoster has been the reliable and performed excellently for our global viewers. It's been a relief from the issues with previous providers we've tried. They also have direct publisher integration.

They're not just the CDN though, but rather the video, live and CDN platform in one.

0 Kudos
rush0143
Reel Rookie

Hi there, 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. If possible the issue we can help you find out the root cause. Reach out to us via email at help@5centscdn.com or live chat. Cheers

0 Kudos
Spacehog
Streaming Star

To be blunt with you, the server is incredibly unreliable. It crashes very regularly and is extremely finicky about what files it plays, even when they are tested. Dealing with this server has been an ordeal since day one.

0 Kudos
rush0143
Reel Rookie

Again sorry for the inconvenience.

Is it possible to share the service ID?

Hence I can check the issue and revert after consulting with support team.

Cheers

0 Kudos
vtm1

Yes I am going to start looking as well. This has been a horrible experience thus far. I haven't switched because i don't want to learn a new system. But I'm at the point where I'm not sleeping because I have to monitor if my files are playing.

rush0143
Reel Rookie

Hi there,
Totally understand, as if now without service ID we cannot pull the actual issue and provide support. Happy to help you to resolve but in order to do so need service ID. Cheers

0 Kudos
Spacehog
Streaming Star

The server has crashed or been broken for 20 of the last 30 days and I'm just not getting anywhere close to value for the money I paid. I need a new server. If anyone knows of any servers that handle video streaming, any help would be hugely appreciated. 

0 Kudos
armelb
Binge Watcher

hi dacast is pretty good price

37mediagroup
Roku Guru

@armelb wrote:

hi dacast is pretty good price

I agree. I used them about 2 years ago and they were great. Sales/Support was pretty helpful & knowledgeable, although after being setup and figuring everything out never had a problem.

(Stopped livestreaming tho, was sortof a beta-test on something, but I did stream to Roku)