Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can't change start up channel

@Straker16 wrote:

Well pardon me for not meeting your standards of detail before daring to post.  You don’t seem to provide much detail yourself?

i have a Roku stick+ in my Sony Bravia, and a Harmony One hub remote system.  As I posted, it had slipped my mind that the start up channel configuration was a Harmony universal remote function, not an available Roku setting. 
Hope that helps. 

My apologies. Didn't mean to come across that way, but I wasn't referring to you. I was responding to @5567 . That is the post that is lacking detail. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Reel Rookie

😝 hi Straker16, I’m totally new at this . Did I somehow offend you? Just checking anyway I figured it out yippee thanks

0 Kudos
atc98092

@5567 wrote:

😝 hi Straker16, I’m totally new at this . Did I somehow offend you? Just checking anyway I figured it out yippee thanks

Glad you figured it out. 😄 And my initial response to you wasn't well spoken, so I do apologize for that. It's just when someone posts within an existing thread, it really helps to have a better description about what the issue is. Just something to keep in mind if you ever need assistance again. And please do come back if you need something. That's what this forum is for, users assisting users. 

Dan

Straker16
Channel Surfer

No sweat, I probably didn’t need to sound so sarcastic.  
Yeah, some functions are available on the Roku platform, but only go so far.  
I guess we have to hunt around for tv functions, universal remote functions, etc, for everything we want.  
Glad we have a forum to discuss it!

0 Kudos
Joe_B

This is a new problem for me. The system used to boot to my last channel. Now it defaults to channel 1, Spectrum News.  There was some kind of update in the last few weeks because I had to accept new terms before the system would let me go watch TV.

There used to be a function to tell the system to boot to last channel. That is gone.

0 Kudos
atc98092

@Joe_B wrote:

This is a new problem for me. The system used to boot to my last channel. Now it defaults to channel 1, Spectrum News.  There was some kind of update in the last few weeks because I had to accept new terms before the system would let me go watch TV.

There used to be a function to tell the system to boot to last channel. That is gone.

When you say channel, do you mean a Roku app/channel, or a OTA broadcast channel? Or is it a channel within a Roku channel? What model Roku do you have? 

I've never seen a terms acknowledgement from a Roku firmware update, so that sounds like something within a channel. 

Dan

0 Kudos

In the past, mine would start up on the previously viewed Chanel. Now, it starts up some local station in NYC! I am in FL, LOL

0 Kudos
atc98092

@markthebarber wrote:

In the past, mine would start up on the previously viewed Chanel. Now, it starts up some local station in NYC! I am in FL, LOL

Well, since you can't receive a VHF/UHF signal from New York in Florida, it'a not an OTA channel that's coming on. Or it's some local station that is re-broadcasting the NY station. And I've never seen a Roku start anywhere but on the home screen. Roku TVs can be configured to start on a particular input, including OTA, but no Roku can power up and open an app/channel by itself. 

Dan

0 Kudos
batess44

Same issue here with Spectrum. After clicking on Spectrum, it would go to last channel. Now it goes to Channel 1, Spectrum News

0 Kudos
atc98092

@batess44 wrote:

Same issue here with Spectrum. After clicking on Spectrum, it would go to last channel. Now it goes to Channel 1, Spectrum News

You'd have to ask Spectrum about that. Roku doesn't control what happens within another company's channel. 

Dan

0 Kudos