Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Major2012

Model 4210X2 - No signal on any TV

Hello, my Roku 4210X2 started freezing up and losing its signal a few days ago, and then I would just unplug and let it reset, seemed to be okay; but the last time the screen went green, and I am not able to get my Roku to even know it is hooked to a TV. I have tried two TV's, two different HMI cables, all HDMI ports on both TV's, and nothing. I receive a no signal across the black screen on all HDMI ports. The white light is on the front, and the on the back the green and orange light are both lit. I have tried the small reset button on the device but I get nothing. I have exhausted everything I technically know. I left unplugged the last two days and re-tried thinking that would help, but nothing. Please HELP!!

Thank You

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Re: Model 4210X2 - No signal on any TV

Your Roku model is about 10 years old. The Roku 2 you own is no longer manufactured. Your best bet is to probably purchase a new one. The Roku 2 was released in 2015. 

Major2012

Thank you, I was thinking it died -ugh! Thank You Again!

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Major2012 

One additional check to make. Is there a microSD card inserted? If so, remove it and try again.

There have been a variety of unexpected issues -- issues where you'd think, "no way it's that causing it" -- over the years with some devices that utilized microSD cards, particularly larger cards.

Now, I don't expect this to resolve things. But, if you want to try everything, this is a thing to try.

I understand the frustration. My Roku 2 (model 4210) finally gave out last weekend. It was a great device for many years.

If that test doesn't resolve it (and it probably won't) then yes, it's probably time for a new device.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@Major2012 wrote:

have tried the small reset button on the device but I get nothing.

To completely reset ("Factory reset") your device, while powered up press and hold the device's reset button for a MINIMUM of 30 seconds.  Shorter presses only cause a restart.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X