Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJonathanD
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

"SceneGraph: Build a Channel" video course

This is the forum topic for the "SceneGraph: Build a Channel" video course, which was released on August 18th, 2020.

This course teaches new Roku developers how to develop an SDK channel from the ground up. It currently features a set of 13 video lessons and a new comprehensive sample channel that walks developers through each step in building a basic, high-performance Roku channel that passes certification.

You can view these lessons online, on YouTube, or watch them from your TV by installing the Roku Developers channel on your Roku device. If you watch on YouTube, make sure to subscribe to the Roku Developer channel to get notified as soon as new courses and demos are added.

Please use this topic to discuss any questions while watching the videos in the "SceneGraph: Build a Channel" course.

22 REPLIES 22
BruceWayne11111
Reel Rookie

Re: "SceneGraph: Build a Channel" video course

https://my.roku.com/account/add/HL5RPZ returns "The channel code provided is associated with a channel not available in your region." Can this be opened to all regions?

0 Kudos
RokuJonathanD
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

I've updated the link in the post to the Roku Developer channel so that it adds the public version of the channel, which is available in all regions.

For convenience, the link is as follows: https://go.roku.com/-VkGoU0ve

0 Kudos
tommiranda
Reel Rookie

Just want to say thanks for this tutorial.  I just started learning how to program the Roku and found this series very useful.  It's much easier to figure things out when you see how to build a complete application from the ground up.

0 Kudos
chaklasiyanikun
Roku Guru

@RokuJonathanD I added a channel using this link. But, content not showing. It's showing like the below image.WhatsApp Image 2020-08-27 at 11.13.38 AM.jpeg

0 Kudos
RokuJonathanD
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@chaklasiyanikun Can you try again? 

0 Kudos
chaklasiyanikun
Roku Guru

I try every day. the result is the same. I clicked on "About". It shows like below.

Channel version: 1.2.33, GC 3.4.21

Software version: 9.3.0 - build 4194-91

Device ID: K427A9279015

It's a region issue or any else?

0 Kudos
RokuJonathanD
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

The videos should be available in all regions. Can you update the channel? We're on version 36 now.

0 Kudos
chaklasiyanikun
Roku Guru

I updated the channel version. But the result is the same. I also tried with the removed channel and again install But no luck. My Current Channel version is: 1.12.36, GC 3.4.27.

0 Kudos
chaklasiyanikun
Roku Guru

Hello, Any Update on this. I tried with 4 Devices. But, still nothing shows instead of search and about. I tried with all Cooper Devices. All Devices same channel version as below.

Channel Version : 1.2.36, GC 4.0.64

Software version : 9.3.0 - build 4194-91

0 Kudos