Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dynamitemedia
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku PHP Remote

what do you mean its not working? whats not working with it?

i am using it right now as i test it.
Twitter: iptvmyway facebook: iptvmyay
Channels: Warriors of War, Go Fight Live, Heading Outdoorz, IPTVmyway
0 Kudos
brandon15811
Visitor

"dynamitemedia" wrote:
what do you mean its not working? whats not working with it?

i am using it right now as i test it.

I tried using this to see how it looked, because you said you made some changes, but instead, I just get a 500 internal server error
http://iptvmyway.com/roku/remote/index.php
0 Kudos
dynamitemedia
Binge Watcher

It may because i opened up my 8080 port today because i can get in just fine...

let me try a few things... but its working but one issue i am having is the letters not matching with what i type.

i am using the keyboard and not search page
0 Kudos
brandon15811
Visitor

"dynamitemedia" wrote:
It may because i opened up my 8080 port today because i can get in just fine...

let me try a few things... but its working but one issue i am having is the letters not matching with what i type.

i am using the keyboard and not search page

I VERY HIGHLY recommend that you use a local server, like this
http://mowesmixer.v867.ncsrv.de/mixer/m ... ac0f3ad831
0 Kudos
dynamitemedia
Binge Watcher

Honestly i am happy with how it is... works great for me, once i figure out which keys go where.

can you tell me how you were able to get the keys working as you did? without a roku? I will play with it some more.

If i was gonna load up a webserver i would just use the other remote that comes on the desktop already. which i love too

But I want to sit on my couch to use this.

have you been able to get it to load? it is because i opened up port 8080 to my Roku Box.

can Patrick or anyone else tell us if its possible for any sort of damage to having this open to our boxes?
0 Kudos
brandon15811
Visitor

"dynamitemedia" wrote:
Honestly i am happy with how it is... works great for me, once i figure out which keys go where.

can you tell me how you were able to get the keys working as you did? without a roku? I will play with it some more.

If i was gonna load up a webserver i would just use the other remote that comes on the desktop already. which i love too

have you been able to get it to load? it is because i opened up port 8080 to my Roku Box.

can Patrick or anyone else tell us if its possible for any sort of damage to having this open to our boxes?

I had access to a roku at the time I made this, If you want something to see the commands that are being sent, use reverse netcat as a telnet server, and it still gives me the 500 server error, and I wouldn't suggest opening your roku up to the world, but if you insist on hosting the script on a webhost, use the version I have on pastebin http://pastebin.com/nCbZhdnA, which should respond better since I have it respond only on a response from the roku
0 Kudos
japzone
Visitor

"dynamitemedia" wrote:

I'm not Roku but from my experience there's no way you could Damage your Roku unless you send some funny TELNET command to it.

I can't try this currently do to other things going on so can someone post some Screen Shots of what it looks like so I can see if it'll work with certain devices? I'd like to try it out on an old DS I have and the DS Opera Browser I also have. It can't do Flash or anything like that but I can Log-In to Forums and my E-mail no problem with it and it'd make a Great Wireless Remote if this will work with it. It should be fine as long as this doesn't involve any complex JavaScript. I've got my Roku Back-Fed into my house RF Cables so I can turn on Channel 4 in any room and watch my Roku but it's inconvenient to have to walk all the way to my TV room just to start the Next Episode of the Show I'm watching while working on something in another room(Like Dinner) so if it works it would be great.

One more thing. You might want to post a How-To for People that don't have experience setting up things like this. I can think of several People that have Devices with web browsers but would never figure this out on their own.

And... One More Thing Smiley LOL:
If you want to get this working Remotely(For whatever Reason, Maybe watch Netflix at Work ;)) you can use a DDNS service like DynDNS.com to create a Free Domain to track your IP. After you've got your account make sure you install a DDNS program on your computer if your Router doesn't have the Ability built-in so your IP is kept Up-to-Date. Just go to http://www.dyndns.com/support/clients/ to find out how. After that make sure to forward your Ports and you should be ready to go. For added security you can Activate "DMZ Hosting" on your Router/Modem if it supports it. For info on what that is go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DMZ_%28computing%29
*Disclaimer*
I don't claim to be Undeniably Right. Most of my answers are based off of Pure fact, but Some are the Personal Opinions of Myself. Please take them in stride and don't Flame me if I get Something wrong.
0 Kudos
brandon15811
Visitor

"japzone" wrote:
"dynamitemedia" wrote:

I'm not Roku but from my experience there's no way you could Damage your Roku unless you send some funny TELNET command to it.

I can't try this currently do to other things going on so can someone post some Screen Shots of what it looks like so I can see if it'll work with certain devices? I'd like to try it out on an old DS I have and the DS Opera Browser I also have. It can't do Flash or anything like that but I can Log-In to Forums and my E-mail no problem with it and it'd make a Great Wireless Remote if this will work with it. It should be fine as long as this doesn't involve any complex JavaScript. I've got my Roku Back-Fed into my house RF Cables so I can turn on Channel 4 in any room and watch my Roku but it's inconvenient to have to walk all the way to my TV room just to start the Next Episode of the Show I'm watching while working on something in another room(Like Dinner) so if it works it would be great.

One more thing. You might want to post a How-To for People that don't have experience setting up things like this. I can think of several People that have Devices with web browsers but would never figure this out on their own.

And... One More Thing Smiley LOL:
If you want to get this working Remotely(For whatever Reason, Maybe watch Netflix at Work ;)) you can use a DDNS service like DynDNS.com to create a Free Domain to track your IP. After you've got your account make sure you install a DDNS program on your computer if your Router doesn't have the Ability built-in so your IP is kept Up-to-Date. Just go to http://www.dyndns.com/support/clients/ to find out how. After that make sure to forward your Ports and you should be ready to go. For added security you can Activate "DMZ Hosting" on your Router/Modem if it supports it. For info on what that is go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DMZ_%28computing%29

All the remote is links for the butttons, and a textbox for the keyboard, and I'll make a tutorial this weekend...if i have time
0 Kudos
pirate96
Visitor

Re: Roku PHP Remote-Keyboard works great!

I went back and tried the Netflix search. It works perfectly! I thought it installed easily, but I have been working on a similar php program so it flowed nicely for me. I plan on learning a lot from how you did it versus what I was doing to not make it work.

thanks again and great job putting this out there.
Where my thoughts go....... http://wokokon.com
0 Kudos
dynamitemedia
Binge Watcher

i will put together the zip file and upload it so anyone else can use what i did as well including graphics...

has anyone been able to use it?
0 Kudos