Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Roku Development Chat Room @ StackOverflow - come along!

I created a chat room on StackOverflow, dedicated to discussing Roku development and I want to invite people to drop by! 

It is just like a forum but more interactive (duh!). Everybody can create a chat room on S.O. - but the meaning of is determined by participation - so say hi, ask and answer questions there. Initially it may seem as semi-offline mode, as people are not simultaneously logged in - but eventually we may start gathering around specific times based on stats, it's early to plan.

Here is the URL - just click to open and you are "there":
FAQ.

StackOverflow account and a minimum of 20 reputation is required. If you don't have account - that's trivial to do (can even use Google/Facebook/Yahoo/blogs login) and start using, the karma is easy to come. If you don't even know what StackOverflow is yet though... i am afraid i won't be able to help, my apologies.

See you in the Roku room of http://chat.stackoverflow.com
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Development Chat Room @ StackOverflow - come along!

Ha! This is neat - for those that use RSS readers, one can pull RSS feed of the starred chat posts:
http://chat.stackoverflow.com/feeds/rooms/starred/125654
0 Kudos
ljunkie
Visitor

Excellent idea EnTerr! Sadly I don't have 20 reputation points to talk yet 🙂 Stackoverflow was never very useful coding in brightscript. Maybe we should use slack or discord, or maybe there is an easy way to obtain 20 rep points.
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

"ljunkie" wrote:
Excellent idea EnTerr! Sadly I don't have 20 reputation points to talk yet 🙂 Stackoverflow was never very useful coding in brightscript.
Maybe we should use slack or discord, or maybe there is an easy way to obtain 20 rep points.

Oh, "get with the program", will ya? :mrgreen:
It's actually easy to get 20pts, given that a voted-up answer gives you +5 and voted-up question is +10. See the "rules" here and pro tips there. Gamification...

More seriously, i considered other options too, incl. slack and gitter - but SO chat wins hands down for developer Q&A chat.
0 Kudos
cliff2

I need a Roku geek who can tell how to. get around blocked MAC addresses

0 Kudos
cliff2

what a pain in the ass.  I thought you said this would be easy

0 Kudos