Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RoListScreen and roimagecanvas

Hi All,

Was wondering if any one has tried displaying rolistscreen along with roimagecanvas. What i am trying to achieve display a background image above it place a rolistscreen.

Also had another question is it possible to combine to different screen types in a single page, like display a grid section below a rolistscreen?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Prajwal
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

Re: RoListScreen and roimagecanvas

for a background image on roListScreen, use:

item.SDBackgroundImageUrl="http://mysite.com/myHDImage.jpg"
item.HDBackgroundImageUrl="http://mysite.com/myHDImage.jpg"

in your content metadata.

- Joel
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

Is there any way we can combine two screen types for example display a gridscreen below a listscreen. Or display a gridscreen below springboardscreen.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
Prajwal
0 Kudos
Komag
Roku Guru

If you spent some serious time programming your own custom versions of those using roScreen then you could do a combination like you want.
0 Kudos
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

"prajwalshetty" wrote:

Is there any way we can combine two screen types for example display a gridscreen below a listscreen. Or display a gridscreen below springboardscreen.

The only screen types that will combine is if use an image canvas on top of another component, for example, roListScreen, then pop an roImageCanvas on top of it, leave layer 0 transparent and draw a UI on parts of the image canvas (on layers other than zero with the SourceOver property). An example of this is how you can get additional menu options in the Amazon channel in what looks like standard Roku screens.

- Joel
0 Kudos
lokma
Visitor

"RokuJoel" wrote:
"prajwalshetty" wrote:

The only screen types that will combine is if use an image canvas on top of another component, for example, roListScreen, then pop an roImageCanvas on top of it, leave layer 0 transparent and draw a UI on parts of the image canvas (on layers other than zero with the SourceOver property). An example of this is how you can get additional menu options in the Amazon channel in what looks like standard Roku screens.

- Joel

Hi,

I have tried to do as you have suggested. First I created a roListScreen and populated it with content, and then I created a roImageCanvas, which only contains one transparent image in the thumbnail area of the listScreen, set to layer 0 of the imageCanvas with the SourceOver property set. However, when I show the imageCanvas, the list items are no longer visible, whereas the overhang is still visible. I have even tried showing a blank roImageCanvas on top of the list screen, and it still causes the list items on the listScreen to disappear, while the overhang is still visible.

I have tried the same function call over a roSearchScreen and roSpringboardScreen and in those cases the screen below is visible, while on a roListScreen, roPosterScreen and roGridScreen it causes the content to disappear while only the overhang remains.

Do you have any ideas on what the problem might be?
0 Kudos
bcoding
Visitor

"prajwalshetty" wrote:
Hi All,

Was wondering if any one has tried displaying rolistscreen along with roimagecanvas. What i am trying to achieve display a background image above it place a rolistscreen.

Also had another question is it possible to combine to different screen types in a single page, like display a grid section below a rolistscreen?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Prajwal

Hi Prajwal,
What did you end up doing with the screens? I am in a similar situation, I want a background image that will cover the entire screen then in top of if it want a list screen that will only display text items, i want the list screen to be transparent so that the background image used underneath is visible.

Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos