Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Naveed_Anjum
Visitor

Publishing channel on roku

Can we publish our channel on roku store using examples that are shipped with roku sdk? I have made a private channel and want to publish it on roku store. i have used video player example and change urls in xml. I have changed the brs file names a bit for my flavor.
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuKevin
Visitor

Re: Publishing channel on roku

When a channel is published, it shows up in the channel store for all our users. So this is a significant event, and Roku reviews all channels that are submitted for publishing before we allow them to actually show up in the channel store.

So... the short answer is No.... we won't be approving any "sample apps" or "experiments". You can experiment all you like using the private channel mechanism. 😉

--Kevin
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Visitor

That being said, you are welcome (and even encouraged) to use the sample apps as a basis to build your app.
0 Kudos
KennyJ
Roku Guru

"RokuKevin" wrote:

So... the short answer is No.... we won't be approving any "sample apps" or "experiments". You can experiment all you like using the private channel mechanism. 😉

Maybe they can clarify in their own response, but it wasn't my impression that they wanted to publish an experimental or sample channel -- they were just asking whether or not they could publish a channel that was based on the sample code. At least that's how I read it.
0 Kudos
Naveed_Anjum
Visitor

I agree with KennyJ. I wanna ask question that is mentioned by KennyJ..
0 Kudos
KennyJ
Roku Guru

"Naveed Anjum" wrote:

I think RokuPatrick answered yes to that.
0 Kudos
kc8pql
Visitor

"KennyJ" wrote:
"Naveed Anjum" wrote:

I think RokuPatrick answered yes to that.

That's the way I read it. 😉
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
Netflix Player N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R, Roku2 4210R
0 Kudos