Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
soulctrl
Visitor

is it possable to use roku in the uk?

hi sorry if this is the wrong forum but, seems like the clever tech type ppl will be posting and reading here.

i`m looking to buy one of these, i`m from the uk roku only ship to the US but aamazon sell them so i should be able to get my hands on 1, but which channels (mainly the UFC) will be workin if i get 1.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
bbefilms
Visitor

Re: is it possable to use roku in the uk?

The unit per se works in the UK from what I've been told. Each content provider may block based on ip-derived location; for example, netflix won't work in the UK when it determines that your Roku box comes out of a UK ISP and I doubt Amazon VOD does (but I don't know that for a fact). Whether UFC is blocked remains to be seen, but my guess is that if the service is being hosted by one of the major content servers, it's trivial for this kind of block to be enabled.
0 Kudos
campbellwang
Visitor

Re: is it possable to use roku in the uk?

I'm in the UK and Amazon does not work. Some Podcasts do not work either like the HBO "How to make it in America".
CDNOne.com | CDNTwo.com
0 Kudos