Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Uncle_Howie
Channel Surfer

How to bypass checking for subscription to test deep link

I am setting up my Roku sdk channel, using the DeepLinking sample from the roku-scenegraph-channels pack, which was started out as the subscription sample channel. Every thing looks good except when I play a video, it would go to the detail screen as normal, but when I hit the remote again, I get a pop-up label that says: "there are no available subscription for now", and stops there. I looked at the SubscriptionLogic.brs and DetailScene.brs and there's a command that says to "Check SubscriptionAndPlayVideo". I figure that has something to do with it by i just don't know how to change it or what to do to bypass that checksubscription thing, and just play the video. I know you can tell I am no pro. lol My videos are played from a JSON feed. Anyone of you great pros, who could help me out, I would appreciate it and thanks for your time.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Uncle_Howie
Channel Surfer

Re: How to bypass checking for subscription to test deep link

I made a little progress. I went in the DetailsScreenLogic.brs file and change from "Check SubscriptionAndPlayVideo" to "ShowVideoScreen", and the videos are playing now when I press the button. Then I went test if deep linking work, the error came back. I went into the DeepLinkingLogic.brs and did the same thing under the Handlers with the: "Check SubscriptionAndPlayVideo" and this time the play button on the remote don't work. Maybe I should put something inside the: () besides content.... Node, index, true, etc.

0 Kudos
RokuJonathanD
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Uncle_Howie,

I just wanted to double check that you have completed the requirements to play the videos.

Thanks,

Jonathan

0 Kudos
Uncle_Howie
Channel Surfer

Thank you sir. I did and trying to figure it out. I just don't want to do the: CheckSubscriptionAndStart Playback(content). I am just trying to change that code so it doesn't check for any subscription and start playing right away. I try changing it to ShowVideoScreen but it didn't work.

0 Kudos