Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maha1402
Visitor

EPG grid issue

Hi, I am developing an app in which we use EPG grid. It takes too much time to load data for 36 hours and the it is not highlighting the focussed content cell fully. And also the EPG grid topic has been removed from ROKU forum. So I need an alternative good one. Please help me on this soon.
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
joetesta
Roku Guru

Re: EPG grid issue

In the last app I did with EPG we found we have to "window" the data so that we are only loading a few hours at a time, and as the user navigates we load more data and delete off-screen data.  If we don't delete off-screen data the memory will get used up and Roku will randomly crash.
aspiring
0 Kudos
Maha1402
Visitor

Thank you for your reply. Could you please suggest me that how to design customised  EPG screen. I can't get any samples for EPG customisation.
0 Kudos
btpoole
Channel Surfer

Did you design your epg with scene graph example? I have one done using roimagecanvas but wanted to migrate to scene graph. Of course no info on the component on line. If you used scene graph, can you advise on the extend, what component is being used?
Thanks
0 Kudos
Maha1402
Visitor

Hi, Can any one say me the way to design the EPG guide in Roku....Am not getting any samples to do...There is lots of issues with EPG guide.
0 Kudos
eastWind
Channel Surfer

Re: EPG grid customisation issue

Has anyone got anything regarding the customization of the EPG component ?? I'm trying to create a custom one but don't know how to design something like that with Roku-provided lists or grids.

0 Kudos