Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stargazr19761
Roku Guru

How can I get developer status reinstated after I was blackballed for sideloading videobuzz?

In the days of the roku lt when youtube didnt work for ****** on our low end models...Seems to be similar now.

I as a user and at one time was a registered developer installed videobuzz via sideload.

That ability has been blocked for at least a couple years now.

I didn't say I'm any good at software but just locking someone out of the hardware they own seems a bit wrong. 

How do I get my developer status back.? Without jumping through hoops?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
stargazr19761
Roku Guru

Re: How can I get developer status reinstated after I was blackballed for sideloading videobuzz?

I can't sideload any app. Device will reset no matter what the model and delete the app.

0 Kudos
stargazr19761
Roku Guru

Re: How can I get developer status reinstated after I was blackballed for sideloading videobuzz?

As a consumer and part time dabbler in programming I find the platform very unfriendly for new programmers. Can brightscript still be used at all? The old roku forums worked great.

People were friendly and you could get honest answers.

I'll check back in a week lol.

0 Kudos
stargazr19761
Roku Guru

Great talented developers gave a lot of time to pvt channels but those are of no concern. Own a platform and lock it down. If others read it instantchannel. Basicly a template but some were gifted and they left. I wonder why.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Buy a new Roku.  Create a new Roku account.  Stop ranting.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

As a friendly reminder, when posting in the Community, please make sure you are abiding by the Community guidelines:

Be kind, courteous, and positive when posting. The Community exists to help users. Posting abusive, obscene, harassing, hostile, defamatory, offensive, tortious, argumentative, inappropriate or otherwise objectionable content may result in loss of access to the Community. 

Failure to follow these rules may results in a loss of privilege to post in the Community.

We will be closing this thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos