Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
steveintheukok
Roku Guru

Channel not working once published

I have a channel that functions perfectly on my test devices.

I published the channel but it fails to work correctly.

If I load the same file that I published on my test device again.....works fine.

I don't know where to start with this, how can I determine whats causing it to fail when published?
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
coskel
Roku Guru

Re: Channel not working once published

A channel that is properly published has to go through testing by Roku.

They would notify you if it isn't working correctly and what steps to take to fix anything.

Are you actually going through the publishing process, or are you side-loading it, testing and seeing errors??
Channels: Go Live Sports Cast/Audion - Audiobooks On Demand
"All I've had today is, like, six gummy bears and some scotch."
0 Kudos
steveintheukok
Roku Guru

No, its was published and is available in the Channel Store now.

My developer mode side loaded file (same file as provided to Roku) works perfectly.

The one in the store, does not.

That is why I asked the question, its a tad unusual.
0 Kudos
BradC
Channel Surfer

do you have multiple rokus? Does it work ok on another different roku?

I ran into a crazy issue a while back when publishing a channel that is similar. I could NOT figure it out for the longest time.

It turns out that i had saved a setting to the registry that became invalid during development, and the setting persisted on the roku box through uninstalling and reinstalling the channel - and a side-loaded copy of the same code on the same roku worked just fine. But the channel worked fine on every other roku box I tested and the code was good. The only way the value could get there was during development, so it wasn't even an issue, but just on that one roku it didn't work.

Now I use different keys during development and testing than for publishing to eliminate this.
♦MiniGolf♦HangMan♦Brain Puck♦Retro Tennis♦BORK♦FLIP♦Pathogen♦Pathogen 2♦Shut the Box♦Birdie♦Logic♦Dots♦Pool♦küglo♦Bubble Wrap♦Trivia Channel♦Mancala♦Air Hockey♦Weather♦CAMERA♦Your Photos Screensaver♦Desert Beauty Screensaver♦Wild Lakes Screensaver♦
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

BradC makes a good point. It could be that your channel is relying on a registry entry that isn't initialized, but is present in the registry you access when you side-load a channel.

-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos