Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Beta Scene Graph Components

Is there any performance data table ? How many components can be added to a scene until the stack overflows ? Adding 10 or 20 different components to a main scene component affects the application performance ?

I want for example to start from screen A and go to screen G.. Each time i'll change the screen/content ,i'll make a request to the api and populate the current screen with what i need, but when I am going to navigate back from screen G to screen A i don't want to make the requests again. What is the best approach for this problem ? Should i create 7 different components ( A to G) and change the visibility accordingly . Is this going to be fine for 20-50 components ?
0 Kudos
Tyler_Smith
Binge Watcher

I am also having this issue. Have you found a resolution?

"sudo97" wrote:
On system v7.0 I could Observe few fields, Load data from memory, server, etc. and then unobserve it and modify without any callbacks. Then I updated to 7.1 and after calling obj.unobserveField("field") -- I got nothing, It doesn't work. Tested on Roku 3 and Roku Stick.
Tyler Smith
0 Kudos
edskitter
Visitor

Any official word from Roku on the EPGGrid? I am curious to know why the documentation was taken down as we use this extensively in our app.
0 Kudos
jkvarsh
Visitor

Hi,
I have build an app with Roku Scene Graph for HLS streams and works fine but it does not seem to work for MS Smooth Streaming streams. Any idea?

Jeet
0 Kudos
sudo97
Visitor

Found problem with epg-grid: when set timeLabelFont to custom font, timeLabel is not visible, so it only can be seen when use default font.
0 Kudos
RobSMS
Visitor

I'm having an issue with 7.2 b144-02 with GetToString(). It locks up my Roku 2 XD when called. No information in any of the debug consoles. I usually have to unplug the device to get back to the home menu.

It's working fine on my Roku 3 without any issue.
Need Apps Templates? Content Management for OTT/IPTV? Check me out @ http://rovidx.com
0 Kudos
adamkaz
Channel Surfer

Since it was buried and I didn't see anyone note that it was indeed a bug - setting the Video mute option does not actually mute the video.
0 Kudos

Can anyone explain me this ... I have an associative array as following

BrightScript Debugger> ? m.itemData
<Component: roAssociativeArray> =
{
contenttype: lenu
id: startButton
index: 809
label: Watch Now
}
The main problem here is that there is no word in the whole project as "lenu"..... instead it should be menu ... This problem is not always...also it happened that contentype was bonttentype. Is this a compilation problem or what ?
0 Kudos
Tyler_Smith
Binge Watcher

My dev team also experiences this from time to time. It's almost like the device randomly renames a property or value.
We generally just restart the device and carry on.

Wish I could offer a fix, but it seems to be a bug in the firmware.
Tyler Smith
0 Kudos
BCVatOVG
Visitor

"dacian_roman23" wrote:
Can anyone explain me this ... I have an associative array as following

BrightScript Debugger> ? m.itemData
<Component: roAssociativeArray> =
{
contenttype: lenu
id: startButton
index: 809
label: Watch Now
}
The main problem here is that there is no word in the whole project as "lenu"..... instead it should be menu ... This problem is not always...also it happened that contentype was bonttentype. Is this a compilation problem or what ?

I see the same thing from time to time as well. Rebooting the device has been the fix for me as well. It really is bad when it starts changing the values of variables that store URL's...not fun, but something deeper in BS I presume.
0 Kudos