Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Getting Started with Ad Framework

I've read some posts on the forum.  In particular, the sticky post for "Enabling your Channel for Video Ads".  I've tried to contact Roku at two email addresses that do not appear to be active: jcarter@roku.com and advertising@roku.com. Roku does not make it easy to get the necessary info to work with the framework.

I've got some basic and preliminary questions I'd like to ask.

1.  My channel is in development.  I am serving videos from Amazon's AWS via Cloudfront.  I've begun to start thinking about supporting it with the Ad Framework. I wanted to integrate the framework now to see what the user experience would be like.  Is this premature?  Is there a more appropriate time to integrate the framework?

2.  I was thinking about letting Roku serve the ads since it seemed like the easiest thing right now.  What type of a relationship does Roku have with content developers in terms of the Ad framework?  I'm looking to partially support the channel through ads.  Is this a reasonable assumption?

Thanks
FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos