Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
edskitter
Visitor

Re: Beta Scene Graph Components

"retrotom" wrote:
Is it possible to hide the "Retrieving" (loading) text when using the Video node? When using the Video node in a picture-in-picture mode, the loading text is rendered on top of my UI.

https://sdkdocs.roku.com/display/sdkdoc ... +Meta-Data

Set the VideoDisableUI to true to disable the default video node overlay.
0 Kudos
sudo97
Visitor

The Scene Graph application will scale the design elements and the graphical images for the actual supported resolution, but you can achieve the best appearance for all supported resolutions if you provide both resolutions of graphical images.

I wrote to manifest-file

ui_resolutions=FHD

and set all coordinates as if I had Roku-device with FullHD, and I got wrong layout, nothing was scaled to my 720p on roku stick. It doesn't work in both way.
I have set translations, widths and heights for 720p and "ui_resolutions=FHD,HD", then put it to roku 4 with FHD, and it wasn't scaled, I know it because

print CreateObject("roDeviceInfo").GetDisplayMode()

always prints "720p", whatever I set in manifest.

what can I do to fix it? I am on 7.1 firmware.
0 Kudos
dreamer2057
Channel Surfer

"sudo97" wrote:
I am on 7.1 firmware.

How to get 7.1 firmware? My device still has 7.0 firmware and it think that 7.0 is the latest.
Sincerely, Sergey Shoshin, software developer.
0 Kudos
sudo97
Visitor

Please send a private message to RokuShawnS with the subject “beta scene graph serial number” and a body containing serial numbers you’d like to receive the beta firmware.

dreamer2057, did you do this?
0 Kudos
MediaDev
Visitor

Hi,
Using Scene Graph I am trying to achieve a Rowlist which contains text elements of different length . When an item is focused, I want to show a rectangle highlight on top and bottom of the text item. The highlight rectangle width has to be the same as the text element. I thought of showing/hiding rectangles dynamically with the same size as text but I don't see an option to dynamically find the width of each rowlist text item. Prior to SDK 2.0 I could use the font size calculations but this doesn't seem possible now. Usage of transparent focusBitmapUri also doesn't give correct highlight. What options do I have?

Regards
Media Dev
0 Kudos
sudo97
Visitor

MediaDev, all I can say is you should make a good 9-patch file for your focusBitmap
0 Kudos
juantwc
Visitor

I have a question regarding backwards compatibility for Roku Scene Graph Components:

* What happens if a Roku box running firmware < 7 opens a channel with Roku Scene Graph Components?
* If the app contains a hybrid UI , half regular components and half Scene Graph Components, will the regular components work?
* What is the recommended policy to support older devices when using Roku Scene Graph Components?
* Is there a way to downgrade when you are at firmware 7 to test this? i have found the "secret screen"(http://streamfree.tv/roku/roku-secret-screens/) but i dont see a way to downgrade to 6
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

"juantwc" wrote:
I have a question regarding backwards compatibility for Roku Scene Graph Components:

* What happens if a Roku box running firmware < 7 opens a channel with Roku Scene Graph Components?

That shouldn't be possible unless you sideload the channel or don't set the minimum firmware version properly, so the rest of your questions are moot. Also, since firmware updates are forced upon users, there shouldn't be any boxes out there with < v7.0 other than legacy devices that run v3.1.

-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Komag
Roku Guru

Roku TVs lagged behind a long time in firmware, so not all updates are created equal (or something like that)
0 Kudos
MediaDev
Visitor

Beta Scene Graph Components

Hi,

Request help in the below two items while using scene graph components.

1. Do we have any option to use filesystem in scene graph based apps? Earlier we could use roFlesystem, prefetch images and use those URLs to populate grids without delay.
Now while using postergrid, if there is delay in loading images, the screen looks blank.

2. We are setting the loading image using loadingBitmapUri in postergrid . Once we have the image URL, we are updating the poster url . From there on, the grid item is blank till the image fetch is complete. My requirement is to show the loading image until the image is loaded, but this isn't happening.

Regards
Media Dev
0 Kudos