Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuShawnS
Channel Surfer

Re: Beta Scene Graph Components

Yep, looks like I missed your PM. Shouldn't be too much longer before you'll be able to update.

Sorry about that!
C. Shawn Smith

*Edit* The serial numbers have been added. "Check for Updates" to apply the firmware.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
Yuriy_OM
Visitor

Yes, I can verify now, my devices now updated. Thank you!
0 Kudos
Yuriy_OM
Visitor

Hi, I have couple more questions:

1. - Can an application built with Scene Graph be used on 6.2 software if it is packaged/published via official roku channel? Or roku software absolutely needs to be 7.0 or higher?

2. - How can I explore NDK option. Whom do I contact to get the conversation started?

Thanks!
0 Kudos
Emerica
Visitor

I've sent a PM with some serials and haven't been updated either, assuming maybe just the maintenance, but figured I'd double check in case my PM was missed.
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Channel Surfer

"Emerica" wrote:
I've sent a PM with some serials and haven't been updated either, assuming maybe just the maintenance, but figured I'd double check in case my PM was missed.

I haven't received a PM from "Emerica." Please re-send it.

C. Shawn Smith
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
Yuriy_OM
Visitor

"Yuriy_OM" wrote:
Hi, I have couple more questions:

1. - Can an application built with Scene Graph be used on 6.2 software if it is packaged/published via official roku channel? Or roku software absolutely needs to be 7.0 or higher?

2. - How can I explore NDK option. Whom do I contact to get the conversation started?

Thanks!

Gents, anyone could help me answer my questions? I would really like to know. Thanks
0 Kudos
Emerica
Visitor

"RokuShawnS" wrote:
"Emerica" wrote:

I haven't received a PM from "Emerica." Please re-send it.

C. Shawn Smith

Should have some serials in your inbox. 🙂
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

"Yuriy_OM" wrote:
Gents, anyone could help me answer my questions? I would really like to know. Thanks
No - the "executor" for scinical graphs will come with fw 7, so such channel will install/run only on players with 7-or-later firmware. Not to worry though, because (a) such channel won't be installable on older firmwares (reviewers will double-check on that) and (b) RokuCo has indicated earlier fw7 will be rolled out to all player models# > 2222. and (c) Firmware upgrade is not an opt-in process, it gets shoved automatically to everyone, so fw 6 won't exist in the wild for a much longer.
(disclaimer: this is my personal understanding based on all things considered and albeit i cannot speak with 100% certainty, i am pretty <censored> sure)

From a possibly outdated page,
"FAQ" wrote:
... The Roku NDK allows a game developer to port their existing game to Roku, rather than develop the game in Brightscript. The NDK is not yet public so please contact us at partners@roku.com if you are interested.
0 Kudos
roberto14
Visitor

I am building a new channel using this new Scene Graph in order to take advantage of its new features.. but I just realised that global scope is not the same for the component and channel, GetGlobalAA() differs in the component.

Well, I can deal with that but the libraries.. for example, to load a library (generalUtils.brs, analytics.brs, ...) it's required to insert <script> tag in every xml component. Is there an easier way to do it? Or to access the other scope?

Thanks.
Roberto J.
0 Kudos
filipkoutsky
Visitor

Hi, I have sent a two PM to RokuShawnS with serial of roku 1 and 3, but in both cases I haven´t got an update.

Can you send me an update?

Thanks Filip
0 Kudos