Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mm999
Reel Rookie

remote power button is only button THAT WORKS

I keep having to turn off tv, unplug roku stick, then turn tv back on a few times until the other remote buttons finally work.

it has fresh batteries and I re-paired the remote.

do I need a new stick? Driving me crazy

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: remote power button is only button THAT WORKS

How are you powering the Roku stick? By tv usb port or plugged into the wall? 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
mm999
Reel Rookie

The Roku stick is plugged into the tv on one end and a power outlet on the other via a cord

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello! @mm999,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching out to us about our Roku remote. We're pleased to assist.

Follow these troubleshooting steps to fix issues with your Roku voice remote. Detailed instructions on how to perform each step are in the sections below. After performing each step, test your remote with your streaming device before continuing to the next step.

1. Reboot your voice remote
  2. Reboot your streaming device
  3. Replace or recharge the batteries in your voice remote
  4. Re-pair your voice remote to your streaming device

You can use the Roku mobile app to control your streaming device while you are troubleshooting your voice remote.

If you have a Roku Streaming Stick, review the tips below for improving the connection with your Roku voice remote.

• Use the advanced wireless receiver or long-range Wi-Fi receiver included with your Streaming Stick. The wireless receiver is part of the USB power cable that must be attached to your Roku Streaming Stick. It reduces wireless interference and allows your Roku Streaming Stick to connect to your wireless network.
  • Install an HDMI® extension cable. When using a Streaming Stick that is connected directly to an HDMI port on your TV, wireless interference from the HDMI connector may impact the performance of your remote. You can move your Streaming Stick by installing a free HDMI extender.

Some Roku voice remotes have the ability to control volume and power on your TV when using a Roku streaming player. Visit the article with instructions on how to set up your Roku voice remote to control your TV or how to fix TV control issues for more information.

For more additional information, please check it here: How to fix your Roku voice remote that is not working

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.