Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sweet159

pushed the power button and the tv didn't come on

I was watching TV yesterday. I left it on the home screen when I went to a family event. I got home around 7 p.m., pushed the power button and the tv didn't come on. HELP PLEASE!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: pushed the power button and the tv didn't come on

Welcome to the Roku Community, @sweet159!

We appreciate you reaching out. Rest assured that we will help you find the best resolution regarding the remote issues you've encountered so you can get back on streaming. 

Please provide us with additional information so we can better assess your concern and provide you with the most accurate resolution possible. 

• What specific Roku device are you having this issue with?
  • Is this the remote that came with it? If not, kindly specify the model of this remote.
  • Are there any blinking lights when you try to press random buttons on your remote?

Additionally, please try manually powering your TV and controlling it using your physical remote to see if this makes any difference. 

In the meantime, here's our support article with further details and troubleshooting steps to help you: Why is my Roku® voice remote not controlling power and volume on my TV?

Keep us posted!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.