Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
justcurtis
Reel Rookie

power button works, nothing else

Jump to solution

my remote power button turns the tv on and off. No other buttons work. when I unplug the Roku power to the tv, wait, plug it back in, the home screen does not come up. Pressing reset on the remote does nothing. Removing batteries does nothing. The remote batteries are fully charged. Android phone Roku app does not work.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: power button works, nothing else

Jump to solution

@justcurtis The power button and volume control your TV.  Your Roku device is not working, it is not the remote.  Make sure the Roku device has power from a wall outlet not the TV USB port.  Also make sure all HDMI connections are ok.  When you unplug the Roku and plug it back in the bouncing ROKU letters should be on the TV.  Also make sure the TV is on the correct input.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@justcurtis The power button and volume control your TV.  Your Roku device is not working, it is not the remote.  Make sure the Roku device has power from a wall outlet not the TV USB port.  Also make sure all HDMI connections are ok.  When you unplug the Roku and plug it back in the bouncing ROKU letters should be on the TV.  Also make sure the TV is on the correct input.

justcurtis
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks, I didn't know the power button only controlled the TV. And your HDMI suggestion led me to the solution. The TV wasn't automatically switching to HDMI-2 when I pressed the Roku home button or a channel button as it always has in the past. When I switched manually it worked. The TV is now automatically switching to HDMI-2 again(?). I'm a little embarrassed, but I can live with it.

Thanks again for your suggestions.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I have reset the Roku several times. It is plugged into the wall, but the buttons still aren’t working for anything besides power and volume on the tv. 

thank you, 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Worldpeace4all, you may have to pair the remote again.

How to set up and pair your Roku voice remote | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.