Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
debgeppert

On my remote, the power and volume and the mute buttons are the only ones that work

Jump to solution

Only the power, volume and mute buttons are working on my remote.  Any suggestions

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: On my remote, the power and volume and the mute buttons are the only ones that work

Jump to solution

The power, volume, and mute buttons control your television directly via infrared (IR) signals, just like your original TV remote.

The rest of the buttons control the Roku functions by WiFi signals directly to the Roku.  In order for this to work the remote must be paired to the Roku.  If this is a new setup it should have run you through the process initially.  If it previously worked and now doesn't, it sounds like it lost its pairing and must be re-paired.

In either case, this article describes the pairing process: https://support.roku.com/article/360011621473

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: On my remote, the power and volume and the mute buttons are the only ones that work

Jump to solution

The power, volume, and mute buttons control your television directly via infrared (IR) signals, just like your original TV remote.

The rest of the buttons control the Roku functions by WiFi signals directly to the Roku.  In order for this to work the remote must be paired to the Roku.  If this is a new setup it should have run you through the process initially.  If it previously worked and now doesn't, it sounds like it lost its pairing and must be re-paired.

In either case, this article describes the pairing process: https://support.roku.com/article/360011621473

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos