Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GH23
Reel Rookie

headphone jack private listening

This has happened with the 2 voice with private listening remotes
1st one works fine for about 3 weeks,, the remote works fine however the private listening does not.
So, I bought another one

2nd one worked for one night 

I have unpaired and re "paired" it but there is still no sound via the listening earphone jack

anyone know how to fix this?

0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: headphone jack private listening

Hi @GH23

Thanks for reaching out here in Roku Community. 

We understand that you are having issues when connecting a private listening to a Roku voice remote. Review suggestions below for No audio is heard to help troubleshoot:

• Confirm that volume is not muted or too low to hear.
  • When using wired headphones, check that they are firmly plugged in.
  • If you have more than one Roku device, be sure to use the remote for the correct device. With mobile private listening, go to the Devices page (in the Roku mobile app) and make sure you are connected to the correct device.
  • Private listening cannot be activated on your Roku voice remote and your mobile device at the same time.

Still no dice? To help troubleshoot the issue further, follow this link: How to resolve an issue with private listening

Keep us posted on how it goes. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
GH23
Reel Rookie

Thanksfor the info. The remote (both) that have stopped working (private listening) are the voice remote pro - rechargeable. The remote itself is fine and works with the ROKU and tv.
It is not the ear buds as I use them on my laptop and they are fine.u

I have unpaired and repaired it - disconnected and restarted the Roku 

I did return the first one that stopped working
0 Kudos
GH23
Reel Rookie

edit - after doing those things the remote private listening is still NOT working

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hello @GH23 

Thanks for getting back to us regarding the issue you are experiencing with your remote using private listening. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

If you need further assistance in the future, please don't hesitate posting in the Roku Community again.

Happy Streaming,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rickwm

I am having the same problem.  I have a Roku StreamingStick 4K+ which I just purchased last month.  The remote is paired with my Insignia TV and all functions work perfectly except for the headphone jack.  I plugged in a pair of known good headphones into the remote.  Immediately the sounds cuts off on the TV and the headphone icon appears on the TV.  When I adjust the volume on the remote, it shows the number increasing on the TV screen but I hear no sound.  If I unplug the wire from the remote, the sound comes back on.

I have tried all the debug tools listed, including power off, power on, re-pair, etc.  The headphones are known good and work fine on my laptop.  The wire connects perfectly into the remote and, as I said the sound cuts out on the TV and the headphone icon appears on the TV.  The remote is fully charged.

I am not interested in using the Mobile App for private listening and just want to get this remote working properly.

What do I do?  Thanks!

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Rickwm,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you are seeing with using headphones with Roku remote for private listening and we appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've done so far. 

Can you please verify when did this issue first start occurring?

If the issue persists, please refer to the support article here for additional troubleshooting steps: How to use headphones with your Roku® voice remote for private listening | Official Roku Support

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Larry95376

I have the same problem. This will temporarily fix both the Bluetooth and the remote. Open the Roku app and tap the remote at the bottom. When the remote opens tap the dear at the top. Do the Adjust audio delay. I have to do the every this I want to use the Bluetooth or wired ear phones so the is a problem with the remote  or the Roku itself. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Larry95376,

We appreciate you for your first post in the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know about the behavior you are seeing with using headphones with Roku remote for private listening and we appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've done so far. 

We recommend performing the below steps and see if you can resolve the issue:

1. Check that your headphones are securely connected by removing and firmly inserting them.
  2. Make sure your headphones are working properly by listening to them while playing music from another app on your mobile device.
  3. Stop and resume the movie or TV show you are watching.

If the issue persists, please refer to the support article here for additional troubleshooting steps: How to use headphones with your Roku® voice remote for private listening | Official Roku Support

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted.

Best regards,

Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
erlexus2

Apparently, this issue has not been resolved. I also purchased the Voice Remote Pro RCS01R, for privacy listening, worked fine for 6 weeks only. It stops working completely when headphones connected. I have tried every instruction provided by the "community mediator" and the initial set up instructions provided with the remote. NOTHING WORKS!!!!!

Roku, you better improve your game!

erlexus2