Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
d37chevy

does upgraded remotes have a warranty

I recently(Dec '21)  upgraded my remote to a voice remote pro. Now the volume button will not go down to increase volume.  Is this remote covered under warranty?  Is so how do I get it replaced.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: does upgraded remotes have a warranty

@d37chevy

Thanks for the post.

Who did you purchase the more from?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jjrod619
Reel Rookie

Hello @RokuDanny-R 

My Voice Remote Pro constantly looses connection to roku player. Have to use the connect/sync button on the back of the remote every few minutes (even if remote is fully charged).

Please have Support team contact so I can get a warranty replacement using my Device ID. The remote was purchased from Amazon in May 2021.

Thank you!!

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Jjrod619,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community. We'd like to check and try to help.

Have you tried running the steps on this link to get your remote back up and running? How to fix your Roku® voice or simple remote that is not working | Official Roku Support 

Can you also please provide the serial number/ Device ID of the Roku device that you are trying to connect to the Roku Voice Remote Pro?

Keep us posted and we'll continue assisting from there if needed.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jjrod619
Reel Rookie

Hello, I tried the steps in the linked article, and they completed successfully, however the remote still lost connection again soon after. 

The Device ID of my Roku Ultra is:

CK4877324448

I can't find an ID for the remote itself other than the MAC address displayed in the About screen for the remote, as I don't believe that I have the remote box anymore. The remote is model#RC538.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Jjrod619

Thanks for the follow up and providing me with your information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.