Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kdiekje6545585
Reel Rookie

Roku Voice Remote Pro problems

My two month old Voice Remote Pro has crapped out, it appears quality of the buttons is as bad or worse than any of the $7 knock-offs Amazon sells (lesson learned). Buttons are sticking and firing at random, battery drains in just a day or two. So I need to return it..

I'm having trouble getting into the fortified bunker Roku calls it's technical support operation. A number printed on the back of the remote that could be a serial number (Roku didn't bother to label it) is not validating so I can't submit a return request. On top of that, Roku does not bother to show the remote serial number in the "About" screen. 

Does anyone know of a way to get through to Roku support when a device serial number won't validate?

2 REPLIES 2
kdiekje6545585
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Voice Remote Pro problems

One additional question: Does anyone know of a high quality remote that works with the Roku soundbar? Something with quality buttons and a little heft to it? This is my second "upgraded" Roku remote, both have been shameful garbage in terms of quality. Oddly Roku's standard ultra-cheapo remotes have lasted longer than the "pro" remotes. I've searched Amazon and all the third party remotes seem to be focused on low cost, not quality. Thanks

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Voice Remote Pro problems

Hello @kdiekje6545585

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing.

Please reply here with the serial number of your Roku Soundbar or the Roku device associated with your Voice Remote Pro. It can be found in Settings > System > About. I'll be able to further assist you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.